What are Chakras, and How Do They Affect Your Health?
Updated: Feb 4
Chakras are energy centers that affect our physical, mental and spiritual health. They are considered part of a subtle energy system connected to all aspects of life. These chakras act as gateways between the physical body and its higher consciousness, providing us with access to inner wisdom and healing potential. When these chakras become blocked or imbalanced, it can lead to various issues such as emotional distress, physical ailments, and even mental illness. By understanding how each chakra works and what we can do to keep them balanced, we can ensure our overall well-being is at its optimum level. The seven main chakras are located along the spinal column and correspond to different body areas.
1. The root chakra connects us to our physical necessities, security, and survival instinct and is situated at the base of the spine.
2. The sacral chakra, which deals with relationships, creativity, and sexuality, is situated two inches below the naval region.
3. The solar plexus chakra is situated above the navel and controls willpower, determination, and the capacity for action.
4. The heart chakra is situated in the chest's center and relates to love, compassion, and acceptance.
5. The throat chakra controls self-expression, communication, and truth and is situated in the throat region.